Complete

Monday, June 8, 2009

According to Merriam-Webster's Dictionary this is the definition of "Complete," but to me the word means so much more... what does it mean to you?

Main Entry: com·plete
Pronunciation: \kəm-ˈplēt\
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s):com·plet·er; com·plet·est
Etymology:Middle English complet, from Latin completus, from past participle of complēre
Date:14th century
1 a: having all necessary parts, elements, or steps b: having all four sets of floral organs c: of a subject or predicate : including modifiers, complements, or objects
2: brought to an end : concluded
3: highly proficient
4 a: fully carried out : thorough b: total, absolute cof a football pass : legally caught

You see there is one thing that has always puzzled me and that has always kept me wondering. When we were blessed with Kiale we could not have felt farther from "complete" we felt "slightly satisfied," as that is really the only way I can describe it, and then 9 precious months after giving birth to our first born we found ourselves pregnant with Colin, our little "Hunter Bug". It was by no accident I can assure you that I became pregnant so quickly, as we had always planned to have our first two children 18months apart, and thankfully I am Fertile Myrtle have no problems getting pregnant so that is exactly what happened. After the birth of Colin we found ourselves satisfied to a point, that point being that we always knew we would have another child, as our hearts yearned and called for a sweet baby girl to fill our home and hearts with giggles, dancing feet, and hair to twist and braid. I will not lie to you the ride home from the ultrasound tech we very quiet once we found out that Colin was indeed a boy, the thought took some getting used to. All Kiale and I had ever talked about was us having a little girl and here we are with one son and another one on the way. Needless to say 24 hours later we were ecstatic, as I said before the thought just took some getting used to, but I know I am not the only one who has felt that way. Fast forward 33 months, countless hours of discussion between Kiale (Sr) and myself, as well as countless hours of discussion between our boys and we came to the decision. We were going to "try" for our girl. That is exactly what we did after hours on the computer and talking with friends we knew "when" to "try" and what to eat what not to eat while "trying." (Kiale has always said that I killed off all his girls with my acidic food preferences...) Needless to say I was pregnant right away, and due September 3. If you had asked Little Kiale at all during my early pregnancy he would tell you that it was and girl, and sure enough he was right. We had our little princess.

Now rewind back to the beginning of this post and the word Complete. That word when used to describe a family can have so many different definitions. I now know and fully believe that as a family we are complete as we have... 1 a: having all necessary parts, elements, or steps to make our family feel whole, and for the fist time in our lives together that is exactly what Kiale and I feel like we feel like we have all necessary parts we are whole. We have our 2 boys and our little girl. What I am constantly finding myself wondering is how can other people feel whole and complete we have friends that have had 1 child in their family all the way to having 5 children in another family and then everywhere in between. I look onto the families that have 1 and 2 children and I am constantly wondering how they could possibly feel whole since when we had only 1 and 2 children we still felt so empty in ways. I know that they feel the same way I do now, I know that they feel whole and complete it is just hard to imagine since I only know how I felt then.... so I am wondering what is your complete? Is it 1, or 2 children or is it more? When did you realize that your family was complete? I know for me it was once all of the pregnancy and baby hormones left, as I always go baby crazy within the first 5 months postpartum, and all I am able to find myself thinking is when can I have another one... guess it is Gods way of making sure the planet stays populated... :)

This is my definition of complete and whole...
Isn't it perfect... it is for us. What is your perfect?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails