*written last night before bed*
Tomorrow is the big day. My baby boy turns six. I have a few goals for myself in regard to Colin's upcoming 6th year.
- Embrace the child within him.
- Remember that he is only 6, not almost 8 like Kiale.
- Do not uphold him to the same standards that I do Kiale. Yes, it is easier on me, but it is unfair to Colin.
- Read him a bedtime story every night. Even when I don't feel like it.
- Remember to show him extra love, kindness, and understanding.
- Make sure he feels loved and special every single day.
- Work on building a strong and lasting relationship with him.
I just went back in his room and gave him an extra hug, kiss, and I told him how much I loved him. He went to sleep with the most peaceful and happy smile on his face. Motherhood is a grand and beautiful thing. Definitely a gift from God.