Happy Birthday Colin Hunter!!

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Colin Hunter!

Colin's Birth Story

March 15th 2005 started off with me on a mission, I was going to have Colin that day, no and ifs or buts about it I was not going to let Dr. Bailey send me home from my appt. without a baby. You see I was due to be induced on the 17th because of Colin's size. His actual due date was March 28th, the day after my birthday. But I didn't even want to wait that long. I was finished being pregnant; I had spent the entire day before shampooing my carpets and making sure that I was on my feet the entire time hoping to dilate faster. Well it worked. When I arrived at my 38 week appt. I was already 4 cent. dilated and 80% effaced, so I asked if I could just stay and have the baby that day. I was so happy when he agreed and said for me to go ahead downstairs and he would just break my water and see where that took me. Well he came down and broke my water at 11:50 my mom and I started walking the halls while Kiale stayed in my room with my dad little Kiale, and Kiale’s mom. It took an hour to even start feeling the contractions, but once they started they were about 10min apart. Mom and I continued to walk the halls until the contractions grew so strong that I would loose feeling in my legs from them. The pain went from being comfortable at 2:50 to totally unbearable at 3:00. Our nurse Liz came in and checked me at 3:00 and I was 8 cent. dilated, unfortunately before she could pull her had out from checking me I immediately skipped 9 and went to 10 cent. dilated and I had to push right then. Liz yelled to page Dr. Bailey immediately, but I had to push I could not stop. So after 4 more pages Dr. Bailey finally made it into the room. He got there right around 3:10 and at 3:18 Colin Hunter made his grand appearance after just 3 hours of drug free labor. He was 8lbs 15oz and 19 1/2 in long, with a head full of black hair.

I cannot believe that my baby boy turned 4 today. Time goes by so fast, and he is such a little man now. The things that he says never seems to amaze me. He is such a blessing and an all around wonderful little boy.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails