of pacies and tears...

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Yeah, so this whole breaking Cayleigh-Grace of the paci thing is NOT going well at all. The past two nights she slept with KS and I, and she has spent almost the past hour crying and saying "No Night Night." We tried taking the paci cold turkey last night, that didn't work she was screaming like someone was physically hurting her. Tonight I cut the tip off like the dentist had suggested and she is still having a terrible time. The first night she fell asleep without her paci just fine, she was in our bed though. This is going to be a very long and drawn out process, the worst part is that I really have no problem with her taking a paci its fine it makes her happy and obviously she does not know how to self sooth to fall asleep. Plus its not like she has it all day or something, it is JUST when she is going to sleep. I just don't want her to have to go through all of the orthodontic work I went through. Talk about a rock and a hard place.

2 comments:

Jeannette said...

We went cold turkey and I listened to LB cry. I cried along with him. He's been without for about a week now and still fusses for about 10 minutes before he falls asleep. Sometimes he goes right to sleep with no fussing. I don't have any advice but I wanted to let you know it does get better.

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Our doc suggested a visual for Savi. Tell them the "Paci Fairy" is taking her paci for other kids or whatever story you like. Tie it to a helium balloon and watch it float away. That way she has a visual of where it actually went. You can just do it once I'm sure and do whatever you like with all her other pacis. Hope it goes better!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails