Its Offical

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Well it is official, as of around 6:30ish last night KS was sworn in as a member of the United States Army active duty. Do I know how I feel about this... no. Was I freaking out in Walmart yesterday and had my sweet husband teasing be because I was freaking out, yes. All I could hear walking down the isles was "Mommy's freaking out, Mommy's freaking out" KS kept saying it to the boys in a sing song way to tease me, but to be perfectly frank and honest I am scared to death. My husband will be leaving our home 15 Nov 2009 to go to a hotel and leave for basic training the next morning. Thankfully he will be back home about 4 weeks after that for Christmas Exodus, they give the soldiers 2 weeks to be home with their families for Christmas (Yay!!!). I am so happy that I have three months to get used to the idea of him being gone, although I know that I will never be "used" to the idea. KS will graduate from basic training towards the middle of February, then he will head to AIT school for his MOS and be there by February 24. His school is in Texas. He will be there until September then following that school he will be transferring to Georgia to go to Airborne school for 2 and a half weeks. I am so proud of my husband and what he is doing. I just don't know how I am going to handle being separated from him for roughly 47 weeks... Our boys are proud of him too, both of the on separate occasions last night told KS that they were proud of him for joining the Army.

2 comments:

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Congrats....good for him! The boys will be so proud of dad!

Mrs. Mootz said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of ARMY and Army wifedom! You're husband is an awesome man for joining up and you are an amazing woman for supporting him :)

I know 47 weeks sounds like such a long time (because it is), but you and your kids will surprise yourselves with how strong you are and how well you work through the time your hubs is away. And the other military wives that you'll "meet" in the blog world are priceless. So many of them have helped me through my hubby's current deployment just by being another blogger and sharing their stories and advice.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails