Whats for Dinner???

Thursday, December 16, 2010

*Re-post from last November*


Loaded Baked Potato Soup

This happens to be one of KS's favorite soups that I make. It is super easy and only takes about 10 minutes total to make since you are just dicing up a few things and throwing it all in a crock pot to cook throughout the day. Once its finished your house will smell delicious!

potatoes
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup butter (I omitted the butter)
2-3 tsp flour
1/2 tsp salt, pepper, & garlic powder
1/2 pkg real bacon pieces (I used whole packet and I also bought the larger packet)
8oz Monterrey & cheddar cheese ( I used close to 3 cups, If you use a lot of cheddar cheese don't add the extra salt, it tends to get pretty salty.)
14 oz chicken broth (I used 32oz)
1pt heavy cream
1 bunch chives
sour cream

I also added water since we eat so much of the soup in one serving.

enjoy!

I used about 2.5lbs of potatoes and I left the skin on them since we enjoy it. Just dice them up and throw it all in the crock pot all day on low or on high for a few hours and then low if you are starting it later in the afternoon. I also use my immersion blender for a couple of seconds once it is done cooking to make it a little thicker.

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails