Thoughts and Decisions Made

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I have a lot on my mind these days. We have  a lot of decisions to make and a lot of them will fall on me. The biggest decision I have to make is when to move our family to be with KS. I called yesterday and I have the opportunity to be number 2 on the waiting list to get a 3 bedroom house... Do you realize how close that is to number 1!? I could not believe it when I called, I spent most of the day on the phone to different people trying to get all of my ducks in a row. I have to finish the remodel on our house, clean our yard and clean out our garage before we can move. My goal is to have all of this done by my birthday. That is a month and a half away from now. I think I can do it, I know I can do it as long as I have enough people helping me. The hardest part of this decision lies with the boys and school. If I take them out of school, I will have to enroll Kiale in kindergarten out west, and Colin will just be home with me during the day. I doubt they will have k-4 out there but I will ask when I call the school they will be attending today. After talking to the boys last night many decisions have been made, the boys have decided that they want KS to go ahead and put us on the waiting list for the house and they do want to move in the middle of the school year. They are both sad to leave friends and family but they want to be with KS again. I am so proud of my boys for understanding everything that goes into moving our family. Kiale has taken it the hardest but after the tears he still says he wants to move in the middle of the school year, so that is what we will do. Today I will be calling the housing again to find out what local school Kiale will be going to, I will then be calling them to find out what all goes into transferring a kindergartner and if they have a graduation ceremony. I told him the kids might not talk to him the first day because they will be shy and he told me "that is okay I will be shy too." I am so proud of my son, he may be only 6 years old but he is wise beyond his years. Colin doesn't quite grasp what is going on, he is sad to leave his Brookie and Tres, but he wants to be with KS so bad right now I don't think anything else really matters to him. We will not be doing spring sports after all since we might end up moving right at the beginning of the season, the boys were sad about it at first but they said it was fine. We spent time last night looking at pictures of the houses and floor plans and dreaming of where their bedrooms will be and if we will have stairs in our new house. This is going to be a very bittersweet time for our family, but it will also mark the beginning of our journey into our new Army life. As my boys now say each night as they say their prayers, "Keep Daddy safe and happy and make us Army Strong, HOOAH! Amen."

Please pray for Gods will to be done in our lives, leaps of faith are never easy, but the peace I feel lets me know that everything will be okay.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Those decisions are never easy. Keeping you in my prayers! Where will you guys be transferring to?

~ Jennifer
http://thetoyboxyears.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Speaking to you as a person who worked in 1st grade a long time-kids adapt very quickly! They are quite resilient. It's the adults that have the hardest time. Best wishes with getting ready for the move...Kathy

Julie Danielle said...

I think yours kids will do great! Where are you guys moving to?

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Always praying for you!

JG said...

Definitely praying. And I love the boys' prayer. May it be true for us all!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails