The Beginning

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Well since I have already done a post about post exodus and a random Christmas post I figured it was time to start from the beginning before I start forgetting everything we did over these past two weeks with KS home.

December 15th - Day 1

From the time the sun came up I was a woman on a mission. I had things to do, places to go, and people to see. The first thing I had to do was drop the kids off at school with all their overnight bags and their booster seats. They were so excited going to school that day because they knew they were going to be spending the night with my parents and sisters and that I was leaving to go pick Kiale up. The rest of the day went by in a blur, I had to go home and finish the last few things I had to clean around the house. Do you have any idea how annoying it is to have to wait on a load of laundry to finish drying before you can leave the house!? Once the house was clean and the clothes and dishes were put away I met up with a friend of mine to pick up my cash; she had had a cash for gold party the night before and I had given her a bunch of broken necklaces and things to sell for me. Thankfully I made enough to pay for my hotel and for my gas up to post. As of the 15th I still had not gone and got my military ID so that was next on my list. Thankfully I live right across the street from a military establishment so it was a very quick stop. I got there and 45min later I was done. It would have been much quicker if I had not gone and got myself all turned around trying to find the right building. I had two more stops to make before I could actually leave and go get KS. I had to get gas and pick up KS's Christmas present. Then only a good 3 1/2 hours behind schedule I finally started the drive to where KS is doing his training.

I had just told her we were going to pick Daddy up, she was very excited.
I had hoped to get there before dark, but that didn't happen. I ended up getting there after driving two hours in the dark, but thankfully Cayleigh-Grace and I made it there safe and sound. We were able to check into our hotel on post and go get some dinner. Did you know that fast food places close early on post? I found that out the hard way. I walked up to the door and noticed its hours, it said they closed at 2200. I thought to myself I wonder what time that means, turns out it meant 8:00, and it was 8:00. Thankfully they let us come on in and order some dinner. Cayleigh-Grace and I were so happy we were starving. We had driven straight through without stopping and I had only packed snacks for her.

We had a wonderful room. It had a kitchen, living room, bedroom, and good size bathroom. The closet in the bedroom was a full walk in, I think it was as big as my closet at home! We were even able to get the same type room when all three of the kids and I took KS back up there.

Our Room
After we got settled and finally had some food in our stomachs Cayleigh-Grace got her bath and then we watched some of the Radio City Christmas Spectacular before I put her to bed. The Rockettes are amazing, you can just see the dedication they have in their dancing.

She was so tuckered out from our busy day, she fell right asleep as soon as I put her to bed.


Julie said...

I enjoy reading about going to pick KS up. I can imagine how excited you were :)

Dusty, Kimmy and Niran said...

Those dimples! I love them!!! I can't wait to meet her. Niran will love all of your kids! That looks like the bear Daddy bought Niran as well! but in uniform still.

Booklover1212 said...

I know how excited you were to begin that trip! And yes -- everything on bases close early. I really don't understand why...and it's very annoying!!

Can't wait to read more!

~ Jennifer

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails