Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I just wanted to say welcome to all of my new followers who have ventured over here from the MilSpouse Blog Hop. If I haven't made it over to your blog yet don't worry I will get there as soon as I get a chance! It has been a long time since I went through and told you all about our crazy life so I figured now was as good of a time as any!

KS and I have been together since I was in 10th grade and he was a senior in high school (15 and 18 years old). We met during our humanities class and within a few months of meeting we started dating, but never "officially". I will get to that in a minute. We spent the next two years joined at the hip, he worked at a local tire shop and went to college while I worked part time at Subway and finished up high school. We had always planned to get engaged on our second anniversary so that is exactly what we did. KS took me out to a wonderful restaurant and we enjoyed an amazing dinner followed by a walk on the riverfront. He purposed there next to the river it was the only "official" thing he ever asked me since he never asked me to "go out" or to be boyfriend and girlfriend we always just were. So on January second of my senior year in high school it was official KS and I were engaged, then things got interesting... Almost a month to the day later we found out the big news, I was pregnant. To me it seemed like the end of the world, I was devastated. I had been on the pill and it had failed. This was not where I wanted my life to take me, I had other things that I wanted to do but this was the hand God had dealt us and I refused to make anything short of the best of it. KS on the other hand was thrilled he had always wanted to become a father and his dream was coming true. Now I am not saying that I didn't want to be a mom, I always did its just that its not what I wanted at that particular time in my life. What came next was no surprise, and shotgun wedding. literally. We were married and living together as husband and wife a month and 3 days after telling our families. My 18th birthday followed my wedding my 20 days and I graduated high school two months after that. We found out that we were going to be blessed with a son right before I graduated. During my 5th month of pregnancy I spent two weeks traveling Europe with some of my class mates, it was a wonderful trip and one I will never forget. So many people said I couldn't go due to my pregnancy but boy did my OB and I prove them wrong. I continued working at Subway until the end of August, I was due September 27 and spending hours and hours on my feet each day was starting to get to me. I then became what I had always wanted to do I became a stay at home mom. Kiale was born September 21st one week to the day before his due date on a beautiful Sunday morning. (Kiale's birth story) Nine months after Kiale's birth we found out we were expecting again, I always wanted my children to be close in age and 18 months apart sounded perfect to KS and I. Thankfully I was able to conceive right away and our second son was born on March 15th via induction 2 weeks before his scheduled due date because of macrosomia. (Colin's birth story) We were happy and content being a family of four until three years ago when we decided to add to our family one more time, KS and I both wanted to have a daughter and the boys wanted a little sister. The craziest things was that before I even became pregnant Kiale would tell us that the baby was going to be a girl. That boy just knew he was going to have a sister, thankfully God decided to grant our prayer and on September 3rd our daughter Cayleigh-Grace was born. (Cayleigh-Grace's birth story) That November following her birth we mentioned to my family that we were considering KS joining the Army. We discussed it over a bonfire and some chili but it never went any further than that until the following August. After fighting the economy and knowing that our family was going no where fast we decided to take the plunge and sign up. KS enlisted in August and left for basic training in November. A month and a half ago I packed up our family and moved out west to rejoin my husband while he completes his AIT. Coming from someone who lived within 15minutes of most of my family this has been quite an adjustment, but thankfully it is all going well and the kids love it here. We will PCS again to our permanent duty station some time this fall. I am just hoping for somewhere warm and closer to home.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails