Goodbye 2008, Hello 2009!

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 has been a wonderful year for our little family. My husband and I have become closer as each day progressed throughout this bountiful year. Our relationship has grown in leaps and bounds and I feel as though we are closer in love and friendship than we have ever been. Its amazing every time he walks through that door my heart flutters as if I was back in high school during our dating years. He is such a wonderful and amazing husband, friend, and father. I thank God every day for giving me my soul mate and giving us the strength to get through some tough times that we have had through the years. I just cannot get over how amazing my husband is, he would do anything for us. He is just wonderful and I love him dearly.

2008 has seen my children grow both physically and mentally, as well as in number. Kiale and Colin turned 5 and 3 this year. Kiale started his second year of school, and Colin began his first. They are such amazing kids, I know I am kind of bias on this, but they truly are. Kiale also participated in his first "team" sport, soccer. I loved watching him play throughout the year it was so neat to watch his skills grow with each practice. I was amazing to actually see him learning and then applying what he learned in the field. Both of the boys love school, thankfully!! I was so worried that they would not enjoy it, but they really do love it. I hope, although I am not counting on it, that they will continue to enjoy school all throughout their lives. I would love to see them grow up and become "successful" although my opinion of "success" defers greatly from the normal definition of the word. In my eyes them being "successful" just means that they are happy and providing for their family. All I want for my children are for them to grow up and be happy. If they do that then I will feel as if I have succeeded in parenting them.

Most of 2008 was spent with my body undergoing the miracle that is growing and delivering a sweet baby girl. Our Cayleigh-Grace, or my Sweet Grace as I have been calling her lately. My pregnancy was not without its ups and downs with her, and was by far my hardest of my three pregnancies. The weekend after Christmas I had some pretty severe bleeding, and we thought we had lost her, but thankfully God smiled upon us and let us keep her. It turned out that I had had a placental hemorrhage, and after a total of 5 ultrasounds throughout my pregnancy we found out that she was going to be perfectly healthy. We were blessed with her birth on September of this wonderful year.

As I have said 2008 was and amazing year, and I hope 2009 will be just was wonderful, but that is in God's hands. I along with so many others will be praying in the new year... as long as I can stay awake long enough, and if not God will hear my prayers a bit earlier. I am really looking forward to 2009, I will be turning 24, my husband 27, and our sweet children will be turning 6, 4, and 1. Kiale will start kindergarten, Colin will start K-4, and our sweet Cayleigh-Grace will learn to roll-over, crawl,and walk. It will definitely be a year of firsts and much more. I cannot wait to see what 2009 will bring us. Hopefully closer to each other, and closer to God. If I did the whole New Years Resolution thing it would be to have my family become closer to God as I know we all really need to.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails