100th Post!!

Friday, February 20, 2009

Yeah! Today is my 100th post! Very neat, but anyways, I think I should hang a "Pardon our Dust" sign in the house right now. Mainly just for the laugh factor, well I think it would be funny. Here are the before and after photos for everything that Uncle Jimmy and I did yesterday. Granted all I did was pull all the strips and baseboards off the walls, but hey that's helping right? My Uncle Jimmy has been doing drywall since before I was born. He is so good at it too, all his work is wonderful, and by the time he is through everything is perfect!

Before Uncle Jimmy

After Uncle Jimmy

The kids have started something new this week, and it is so sweet. As soon as the boys get home from school they all rush into Cayleigh-Grace's room, I sit her on the floor and they sit in there and play. That is what their nights and afternoons consist of lately, playing with their sister. It is so wonderful and special to me to be able to see them playing like that, I love it. The coolest part is that they are all actually playing together. It is so wonderful to see all of your kids like that.
Guess who slept ALL the way through the night? Cayleigh-Grace managed to sleep from 7:30 last night (through Uncle Jimmy working on the walls) until 7:30 this morning. I panicked when the alarm clock went of because I noticed she wasn't in bed with us. I jumped up and went straight into her room and just stared at her until I could see her chest rising and falling. I hate that scared feeling... Thankfully she woke up shortly after I walked in her room, because boy was I full...

Today will be spent with removing more seams and baseboards off of the walls. Packing up all of my books and putting my bookshelf into the garage until we get the porch totally finished. (we are turning it from a screened porch into an actual finished room and part of the house) Then I need to take the remaining pictures off of the walls, and possibly go and pick up our paint today, although I might end up doing that this weekend or Monday. I am also going to try to find fabric for our curtains today as well. I am so excited about finishing the porch, we have a huge 16X11 (if not a little bigger) screened in porch that we have never used. It has always been where all of the random stuff goes, basically our catch all. Now it is going to be our computer/sewing room. It is going to be so nice to actually use it for something productive!! (well it will be nice to just use it period) Kiale is going to be starting on "my fence," basically its a fence for just the font yard and it will encase the front of our entire house. Later I am going to be making raised planting beds for most of the yard within the fence.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails